Monday, April 6

Stuff and Things

We had a busy weekend! Friday night I met Jordan and Chris in Little Rock and they took me out to eat. Jordan rode home with me to spend the night. Then Saturday morning, Brenda and Ruben showed up to help Greg with the yard and play with Jaina. Jordan and I cooked tacos for lunch! My mom came up Saturday afternoon and we all went to Russellville to watch RC perform in a Dinner Theatre production. I really enjoyed it and Jaina was a perfect little baby the entire show! She loves pretty much anything musical. She didn’t really like one of the performances that had some shouting and it startled her when we would clap, but she did not cry the entire time. Mom stayed the night Saturday night and went to church with us Sunday. We went to Mike’s Place for lunch (I’d never been there before, but it was awesome!). We all took a nap Sunday afternoon, then off to church again and potluck afterwards (of course, I totally blew my diet!). I didn’t get any alone time with Jaina until last night, and as soon as I picked her up she fussed for a few minutes and went sound to sleep… Sometimes I wish I was as peaceful as a baby!

I am so blessed! Jaina has slept through the night (by that I mean anywhere from 7 to 10 hours) every night for a week now. We absolutely can not keep her from rolling over! She’s really figured it out now. Every time I check on her during the night, she’s rolled over to her belly so I’ve just given up on getting her to sleep on her back. If she’s strong enough to roll over, she’s strong enough to move her head around in her crib. We decided that since she is rolling over, she has to sleep in her own room all the time now. She was sleeping about half in her room and half in the pack-n-play in our bedroom. We’re moving the play pen into the kitchen tonight when I get home so I’m not tempted to just put her there during the night so I can watch her sleep!

So far (since Wednesday) I’ve lost 2 pounds! I’m sure most of it is from drinking a lot of water. I am still 7 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight. I’m excited about trying to lose weight. I really want to be healthy. I plan on making a weight loss blog, mainly like a food/exercise journal for my own benefit. I will post a link as soon as I do.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Go to FitDay.com if you haven't already. My dietician told me about it a few years ago.