Wednesday, April 29

Jaina

Jaina was a little stinker last night. We watched American Idol and the show that comes on after it (can’t remember the name… some FBI drama or something). I put her to bed around 9 and she was still awake and started fussing around 10 when I went to bed. Greg took care of her for a while so I could sleep. She fell asleep again around midnight and woke up when he put her in her bed. He ended up sleeping on the couch and she slept in her swing. I woke her up around 6 and fed her. She didn’t even make it through the whole bottle before falling back asleep! I usually have no problems putting her to bed (except her fighting sleep) so I don’t know what was up last night. I guess we all have bad days once in a while!

I have a headache today… must be the pollen. I’m soooo tired of having year-round allergy problems! They started when I was a freshman in college… so almost 6 years ago? I can’t imagine how bad my allergies would be if I didn’t take a Zyrtec every morning to head it off! I’m going to HAVE to start working out. I know I would feel so much better and have so much energy during the day. I just don’t want to. I’ve been feeling way too lazy.

This whole swine flu thing is freaking me out! It’s really scary that there has been one death now in the US , especially since it was a baby that died. There has been 16 confirmed cases in Texas , and that’s not very far away. I had this little girl come into the bank a couple of days ago with her mother. She coughed and hacked ALL OVER ME AND MY DESK!!! She also had cold sores all over her mouth. She was being so rude about it that her mother had to leave. I made a point to change clothes and wash all the way up to my elbows and use hand sanitizer before I held Jaina when I got home. Two different people yesterday told me they heard on the news that over 50 cases in Arkansas had been confirmed, but the CDC website lists none in Arkansas . I’m sure they just heard wrong or something. I’m kinda second guessing taking Jaina to Toad Suck this weekend. I really don’t want to take the chance of her getting anything. I may go ahead and take her if it hasn’t spread to Arkansas . I will just be super careful to not let anyone touch her.

Speaking of letting people touch and hold my child… This random Applebee’s server came by our table the other day when we were in Fort Smith and wanted to hold Jaina. That didn’t happen. Thankfully, she asked first and understood and didn’t push it when I just kind of gave her a “are you serious?!?” look combined with the inability (she caught me off guard) to make the words come out of my mouth to say, “Sorry, I don’t let random 18 year old strangers with dirty hands touch my child. I’m a little weird about stuff like that.” I have worked in food service and I know those people do not wash their hands as often as they should (sorry, Brenda, but it’s very true!).

My mom is coming tonight. She has something at UCA either today or tomorrow so she wants to stay the night. Woo hoo!




No comments: