Wednesday, April 7

Monday

I got my first night of sleep. It was interrupted every few hours, but it was sleep. I felt horrible all day long. I had a pounding/throbbing headache and felt sick to my stomach, had no desire to eat, and everything smelled and tasted horrible.

They tell me about 10 AM they are going to discharge me as soon as I get my last IV and Home Health will be coming to my house at 5 PM to set up my IV's for the night and next day. I will be connected to the IV 24/7 and have a pump that gives me a dose of antibiotic every 8 hours. Someone from Home Health will come and change my IV bag once a day. THEN they change my meds (after they've been delivered for me to take home) and tell me that I'm actually going to have to have 2 antibiotics and that Greg will have to administer them for me or if he's not able I will have to do it myself. I think I would actually prefer to only be hooked to the IV for 30 minutes 3 times a day. There's a lot less of a chance of Jaina pulling on something she shouldn't. The nurse from the Neurology office finally came by about 4:00. Actually she came by earlier, left to get me pain meds, and never came back... It had been 2 days since I'd really been able to talk to anyone and I had a list of questions. I was absolutely not leaving until my questions were answered. We also finally talked them into giving me something besides Darvocet for pain. It was really not doing anything for the pain and only lasted a couple of hours when it did work.

I was discharged about 5:45. When we got home we were waiting on Home Health and they never showed. The hospital neglected to tell us that they wouldn't be coming out to the house until the morning.

2 comments:

Chrystal said...

Sorry... haven't had internet access or else I would've commented sooner. Did you ask the doc about side effects or allergies? I can't take Darvocet. It gives me migraines. Same with Tylenol-3 and Vicodin. The only one I know of that I can take is Percocet.

Jessica said...

No, I didn't think of allergies. I am doing a lot better now that I'm off Darvocet now. I'm on Tylenol 3 and only have to take 1 during the night sometimes.