Friday, April 30

Jaina's words

Here's a list of her words. I've been working on it for a few days because I keep forgetting HOW many she actually knows! The doctor said she should know 3-6 (I think) right now.

Daddy
Mom
Jaina
Ya-ya (my mom)
Jo Jo
Dog (she can't tell the difference between a cat and dog)
Eat
Bite
Good
Cracker
Banana
Hot
Bear (pointing at the bear on my UCA shirt)
Clap
Eye
Ear
Nose
Thanks (or Thank You)
Welcome
Light
Uh-oh
Elmo
Book
Pretty (when pointing at her painted toenails)
Yes
No
Tickle (every time she sees bare tummy or bare feet she "tickles" us)
Shoe
Hi
Bye
Gone or "gone gone" (when she's through eating)
Here (when handing us something)
Coke (because she's figured out she likes sugary sweet stuff)
Look

That's 34. I'm sure she knows more than that, but won't remember them until she says them! She won't say toes, knees, fingers, or head, but she will point to them. If we ask her a question she will either nod her head or shake it for no. I can pretty much tell her to go get me anything and point and she will.

Oh, and when we sing the ABC song she sings with us, but none of the letters are right! LOL!


Edited-because we remembered some more to add

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Writing them all down is wonderful! Can't wait to get her and Daniel together again. I should've been writing his down all along. I don't think his doc believes me when I say I can't count his words anymore. Oh well.