Tuesday, April 6

I haven't updated this thing

Because I've been stuck in the hospital since Friday... got to go home last night. I'll be slowly updating everything as I feel up to it.

Friday I went for the CT scan. I had to wait FOREVER. OK, maybe not really forever but when you're so sick you can't hold your head up an hour feels like forever. While I was in the waiting room, I had what we are going refer to as an "episode" since no one seems to know exactly what happened. My face and arms/hands started to go numb and clench into fists. I had no control of my arms or hands and had difficulty speaking. The people who saw what happened thought I was having a seizure. My mom went to get someone and they brought a stretcher to the waiting room and took me to the ER. (This happened to be during the Good Friday Mass and someone had pulled the fire alarm, so there were all kinds of flashing lights and sirens... NOT a good thing for someone who has just gone through something like that and has a migraine-style headache!) After I got to the ER it took them another 30 minutes or so to get me calmed down, did blood work, got some morphine for pain (I just had to mention to the ER doctor that my doctor wouldn't give me anything but Darvocet for the pain and he made sure I got something while I was still in his care), had an MRI, and was admitted until they could figure out what was happening.

No comments: