Wednesday, November 18

Busy Day

I have to work Saturday, so I had the afternoon off. Greg and I went to Little Rock (with Jaina, obviously) so he could do a drug test for the new job. Then we went to Burlington Coat Factory (actually Baby Depot) and got Jaina some sippy cups, some things that go on the Avent bottles to make sippy cups, and a couple of long sleeved onesies for day care (since they said to definitely not send her in nice clothes). Then we decided on a whim to drive down to Malvern and visit the family down there for a while and go to services there.

Speaking of day care, we found one! Obviously it's not as great as not having to put her in day care, but I really got the impression that the owner genuinely loves all the kids that come there, and that's important to me. It's about 1 mile from the house and will only add a few minutes to my drive to work. I will have to take a longer way, but at least I won't have to drive across town to take her somewhere. It's $115/week (which is about average) and no enrollment fee (as opposed to some of the other places that had $100 annual enrollment fees and $25 application fees and $25 semi-annual "supply" fees). Greg and I took Jaina with us to look at the place, and she went straight to the owner when she wanted to hold her (which is a good sign, since she really won't go to anybody but us). She also crawled around and played with the little girls her age for a few minutes, and they all played so well together (but again, that was only for a few minutes)! The infant room had 6 babies already (under 18 months) and 2 adults with them, which is actually a pretty good ratio compared to some of the other places. They say prayers before they eat and do very basic Bible lessons. It seems like a great place, but I guess only time will tell.

Roxie is feeling so much better! She was so lethargic and didn't really want to play that much. Now that she's been treated for everything she had, she is just a big, clutzy puppy! She's probably doubled what she was eating. She really is the perfect dog to have with a baby. Jaina can crawl all over her and she really doesn't care. If she starts bothering her, she'll just get up and go in the other room. It's so different than having a Yorkie! This dog is (and has been for several days) completely house trained and we've only had her about a week. I guess I've just been so brainwashed by Yorkies, it just amazes me that there are smart dogs in this world! LOL!!!

Here is my Roxie dog and my Jaina bear. :)



Oh, and I forgot to mention that Jaina's had her first round of the flu shot. She's 17 pounds, 2 oz, and 27 1/2 inches tall (20th and 50th percentile respectively). So she's still tiny (but perfect :D).

No comments: