Saturday, August 21

Guess what?

After thinking about it for a long time...
After a couple of hospital stays for myself and a couple for Jaina...

I've decided I'm going to nursing school! I don't know where yet but I'm planning on starting next fall, so I have almost a year to get everything in order. The top runner is Baptist Health School of Nursing in Little Rock, simply because they help you get your pre-requisites as part of the program and everywhere else you have to have them before you can even apply. I have most of them, but is the 1 or 2 I don't have that will make it a pain. I'm really excited about it and I haven't been this excited about any career decision I've made up until now.

4 comments:

Chrystal said...

Cool! Will the study you've already started help with nursing (or help to put you into a specific nursing field?)

Brenda said...

I think that's fantastic! Let us know how we can help if you need to.

Jessica said...

Because of the classes I've already had in a health-related field I have most of the pre-requisites to get into nursing school and probably all of the electives. If I go to the Baptist Health school, I will probably be on the 2 year track to a BSN. I think. We are going to an open house to check it out and talk to advisors in a couple of weeks.

Jessica said...

Oh, and I would like to do pediatrics, but we'll see about that when I get there.